We are fans of simple ingredients coming together to create an amazing balance of flavor. It is why we do what we do. We stumbled across this recipe and think this simple combination of flavors is a perfect recipe for fall. Spaghetti Squash contains amounts of almost every essential vitamin and mineral; combine that with the power packed cherry, and you heave a healthy, delicious side dish. It’s simple, easy, and ohhhh so good.
- (3 lb.) spaghetti squash
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
- ½ cup Cherry Country dried cherries
- 2 green onions (white & green parts), thinly sliced
Using a large, sharp knife, pierce a spaghetti squash in several places. Place the spaghetti squash in a glass baking dish and cook in the microwave on high for about 15 minutes, turning the squash halfway through cooking. Before handling, let the squash stand for 10 minutes. Cut it in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and fibers. Using a fork, twist out strands of the spaghetti squash flesh and place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together, olive oil, vinegar and salt. Pour into the spaghetti squash and toss. Add cheese, pecans, cherries, and most of green onions, and stir well.
Serve and garnish with remaining green onions. Serves 6 to 8 as a side dish.
* Note: You can use any of our dried cherries for this recipe. We recommend the Tart with sugar or the Bing. Or, try our medley as shown in the picture!
Source: Cookin’ Canuck