1 cup pecans, pieces
1 cup almonds, slivered
2 cups pretzel twists (mini) or 2 cups pretzel sticks
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon ginger, ground
1 tablespoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 pinch clove, ground
1 cup of your favorite dried Cherry Country cherry!
1 cup white chocolate or dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F Arrange the pecans and almonds in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and fragrant; cool slightly.
2. Coat pumpkin seeds with desired oil and arrange in a single layer on a separate baking sheet and bake at the same time as the pecans and almonds.
3. Combine the nuts and pumpkin seeds with the pretzels in a large bowl. Stir the melted butter with the sugar, ginger, cinnamon, salt and cloves until combined; drizzle over the cereal mixture. Toss thoroughly to coat the pieces evenly.
4. Spread mixture on two, large, rimmed baking sheets. Bake, rotating pans once, for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp and fragrant; cool completely.
5. Stir in the cherries and white or dark chocolate chips (if using); transfer to an airtight container. Reserve at room temperature for up to 1 week.