Not all Fall dishes need to be heavy; sometimes it’s nice to enjoy the flavors of fall with a delicious lighter salad. We stumbled across this recipe and thought not only was it beautiful in presentation, it looked delicious. Add our sweet and spicy vinaigrette to the creamy nutty flavor of the butternut squash and you will not be disappointed!
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled + cubed
- 2T olive oil
- 1T sage
- 1t garlic powder
- 1/4t salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- goat cheese
- crunchy topping [like roasted pumpkin seeds]
- Spicy Cherry Vinaigrette
- Roast butternut squash with 1T olive oil, sage, salt and pepper at 400* for about 40min, turning once or twice.
- While squash is roasting, cut onion parallel with the ends, to create circular cuts about 1/2” thick.
- Over med-low heat, sauté onion rings in 1T olive oil for about 5min per side.
- Let squash + onions cool for about 5min before topping on salad.
- Top lettuce with squash, onions, cheese, and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour on dressing.
Thanks to Ashley at Edible Perspective for the recipe idea!