Indulge with your sweetie this Valentine’s Day. We stumbled across this recipe from The Golden Lining Girl and thought with the addition of natural cherry pie filling, it would be a great way to start February 14th!
- 4 eggs
- 11/2 c. milk
- 1 c. water
- 2 c. flour
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp. melted butter, slightly cooled
- ⅓ c. sugar
Cherry Cream Filling:
- 1 – 5.5oz bag of Cherry Country Dried Cherriesreconstituted.
- 1 c. Cool Whip or whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ c. reconstituted dried cherries
- ½ c. chocolate syrup
- In a large bowl, combine all crepe batter ingredients and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, pour about ⅓-1/2 c. batter, covering the entire bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the top looks mostly cooked too, even before flipping. Carefully (it will be thin and delicate) flip the crepe over, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Remove crepe from the pan to a plate or platter, and continue making crepes with remaining batter. (If not serving immediately, they can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. They stack well between plastic wrap lightly greased with non-stick spray.)
- In a small bowl, combine all but ½ c. of the cherries (set it aside), the whipped topping, and the sugar.
- Fold together until thoroughly blended.
To assemble crepes:
- Evenly divide filling among crepes, spooning it across the diameter of each crepe, and then roll them into 2-inch tubes.
- Top with a spoonful of cherries, and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Enjoy!