Sunday is the Superbowl! If you are hosting or contributing food for the big game, grab your jar of Cherry Pepper Jelly and offer up a delicious, spicy and sweet variation of traditional wings.
We have compiled a couple variations for folks with different flavor preferences!
4 lbs. Chicken Wings
1/3 cup Cherry Chipotle or Cherry Habanero Pepper Jelly
12 oz. Favorite BBQ Sauce
cup Brown Sugar
Remove and discard wing tips then cut wings at the joint creating two pieces. Place wings in a disposable aluminum-roasting pan. Combine pepper jelly, bbq sauce and brown sugar. Pour over wings. Cook on medium – high gas grill for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Or you can bake it in a 425 degree over for 60 – 75 minutes.
5 pounds chicken wings, split, wing tips cut off and discarded
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup cherry pepper jelly
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 cup hot sauce (recommended: Frank’s)
Add Checked Items To Grocery List
Preheat the broiler. Line a sheet pan with foil, place a rack on top of the pan and oil the rack.
Toss the wings with the 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the wings on the rack in 1 layer. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat, turning over once, until barely cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
In a small saucepan over moderate heat, whisk the hot pepper jelly, lime juice and hot sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Brush 1/4 cup sauce on the cooked wings and broil 1 to 2 minutes. Brush the wings with 1/4 cup sauce again, and then turn the wings over and brush with another 1/4 cup sauce. Broil until crispy about, 2 to 3 minutes. Brush with the remaining sauce before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, 2010
3 pounds chicken wings, split, wing tips cut off and discarded
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup cherry pepper jelly
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons habañero sauce
5 dashes hot sauce (optional)
2 tablespoons buttero
- Spray grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- To prepare wings, start from the wing tip and find the first joint. Cut in the middle of joint to separate tip from wing. Discard tip.
- Find the next joint and cut skin to expose bone. Place knife blade in joint. Place palm of free hand on back of knife, and push down hard to break through joint. Repeat with remaining wings.
- Wash wings and pat dry with paper towels; spray wings with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill wings, turning every 5 minutes, until brown and crispy, 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring pepper jelly, vinegar, habañero sauce, hot sauce, and butter to a simmer, stirring occasionally until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, place grilled wings. Pour half of sauce over wings, tossing to coat.
- Return wings to grill; cook until sauce just begins to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place wings on a serving platter; drizzle with remaining sauce. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.